- National Alliance on Mental Illness – NAMI, the National Alliance on Mental Illness, is the nation’s largest grassroots mental health organization dedicated to building better lives for the millions of Americans affected by mental illness. Across the country, thousands of trained NAMI volunteers bring peer-led programs to a wide variety of community settings, from churches to schools to NAMI Affiliates. With the unique understanding of people with lived experience, these programs and support groups provide outstanding free education, skills training and support. Patients and family members click here to find out about the programs and classes that NAMI offers
- Mental Health America – Mental Health America (MHA) – founded in 1909 – is the nation’s leading community-based nonprofit dedicated to addressing the needs of those living with mental illness and to promoting the overall mental health of all Americans. Our work is driven by our commitment to promote mental health as a critical part of overall wellness, including prevention services for all; early identification and intervention for those at risk; integrated care, services, and supports for those who need it; with recovery as the goal. With over 200 affiliates in 41 states, 6,500 affiliate staff and over 10,000 volunteers, we are a powerful voice for healthy communities throughout the nation Click here to find your local affiliate!
- American Psychiatric Association – The American Psychiatric Association is an organization of psychiatrists working together to ensure humane care and effective treatment for all persons with mental illness, including substance use disorders. It is the voice and conscience of modern psychiatry. Its vision is a society that has available, accessible quality psychiatric diagnosis and treatment. Patients and families click here for information on disorders, symptoms, risk factors, and treatment options. Also, find a Psychiatrist here.
- Substance Abuse and Mental Health Organization – The Substance Abuse and Mental Health Services Administration (SAMHSA) is the agency within the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services that leads public health efforts to advance the behavioral health of the nation. SAMHSA’s mission is to reduce the impact of substance abuse and mental illness on America’s communities. Click here to find help and treatment.
- American Academy of Child and Adolescent Psychiatry – The mission of AACAP is to promote the healthy development of children, adolescents, and families through advocacy, education, and research, and to meet the professional needs of child and adolescent psychiatrists throughout their careers. Click here to find your regional organization.
- DrugRehab.com – DrugRehab.com is a web resource provided and funded by Advanced Recovery Systems (ARS). ARS is an integrated behavioral health care management organization dedicated to the treatment of addiction, substance abuse, eating disorders and mental health issues. The site provides information for understanding addiction, options for a path to recovery, resources, tools, The Sobriety e-Book for free, and information on treatment and rehab centers